September 2, 2015
C&A’s Papal Visit Playbook
The Papal Visit will be here before you know it. Here’s our round up of where to stay, eat, play and escape!
- Sofitel Philadelphia: Located at 17th and Sansom Streets in the Rittenhouse neighborhood of Philadelphia, Sofitel is in the heart of the all action, less than a mile walk from both the Philadelphia Convention Center and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, where Pope Francis will deliver a Sunday mass. This centrally located gem blends French elegance with American style providing a refined environment in center city. Sofitel Philadelphia, 120 S. 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Continental in Old City: While you’re in town, make your way down to Old City to experience Philadelphia’s vibrant history. Finish the night with dinner at the trendy Stephen Starr restaurant, and make sure to grab a drink at the restaurant’s Martini Bar. Continental, 138 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- XIX: If you are looking for somewhere to go with a great view of the city, XIX does not disappoint. Watch all the Pope action from above by going up to the nineteenth floor of the Bellevue. XIX offers a delicious menu for all occasions. Hyatt at The Bellevue, 200 S Broad St #19, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- World Meeting of Families Film Festival: A selection of 13 Philadelphia-centric and family friendly films have been curated by The Greater Philadelphia Film Office and the World Meeting of Families to be screened during the four-day festival. The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts’ Perelman Theater will be the primary venue for the festival and additional showings will be at Congregation Rodeph Shalom (for Philadelphia students) and Dilworth Park.
- Lake Naomi Club: While millions of visitors are planning pilgrimages to Center City for a chance to witness history as Pope Francis makes his way through Philadelphia, many of the city’s own residents are looking to get out of town. For those residents looking for a relaxing escape, Lake Naomi Club is ready with open arms—and there is no better time of year than September at Lake Naomi. The picturesque landscapes and gorgeous fall weather make Lake Naomi Club the perfect weekend retreat for families. With tons of activities to keep the kids busy like tennis, golf and sailing, parents will have plenty of time to relax at the lakeside beaches or pools. Located within a short two hour drive of Philadelphia, Lake Naomi Club has every necessity for a quick weekend trip full of R&R.