PUBLIC RELATIONS & MARKETING VIRTUAL MASTERCLASS CERtIFICATE PROGRAM IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PHILADELPHIA ASSOCIATION OF BLACK JOURNALISTS
Traditional internships offer an undeniable opportunity for learning and career development, but there are extensive barriers to entry for many undergraduate students of color or students from minority or disadvantaged backgrounds. Recognizing that, C&A and PABJ have created a certificate training program that offers fundamental guidance and resources in a condensed timeframe that is easily adapted for virtual or in-person.
The program will feature two Masterclass sessions per year with up to 5 student enrollees per session.
The 5-week curriculum consists of one-a-week 60-90 minute classes held on Wednesdays, featuring best practices training, portfolio building exercises with one-on-one feedback from C&A leadership, networking opportunities, a small-group industry leadership Q&A panel, and one-on-one mentorship with the PABJ Chapter President, Ernest Owens and the PABJ Board.
The PABJ will lead the efforts of recruiting, interviewing, and selecting students to participate in the Masterclass series, while C&A will spearhead the guided learning sessions and industry panel, which will feature a diverse group of well-respected members of the regional business community. Additionally, Cashman & Associates will sponsor each student enrolled in the Masterclass series for a one-year membership to the PABJ and Philadelphia Public Relations Association.
- Winter Session: February 23 – March 23, 2022 (Enrollment open, deadline to enroll February 16th)
- Fall Session: October 12 – November 19, 2022 (Enrollment open, deadline to apply, October 5th)
For the full press release, please visit our blog. For questions about the program or application feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. To apply, please see form below.
The Philadelphia Association of Black Journalists will interview and select five students per session (Winter and Fall).
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, and in their Sophomore, Junior or Senior year
- At this time only students majoring in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations will be considered.
- At this time only students with a GPA of 2.8 or greater will be considered for the program.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
All applicants will be reviewed by the PABJ and student participants will be selected by PABJ leadership.