Special Events Manager
Job Title: Special Events Manager
Department: Special Events
Starting Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Cashman & Associates, an award-winning full service communications and marketing firm, is seeking a full time special events manager for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. If you are enthusiastic, creative, marketing-minded and have an eye for detail, we would love to hear from you!
- Must have a minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated special event planning experience with a portfolio of managing a range of lifestyle-focused events varying in scale from 100 to 100,000 guests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have a proven track record of success in all facets of special event management, from conception and planning to final execution.
- Must showcase an all-encompassing understanding of consumer/lifestyle marketing and the role that experiential event marketing plays in the industry
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; copywriting experience a plus.
- Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
- Must have experience managing full time support staff, as well as day/night-of event staff.
- Experience working with a variety of budgets, large and small.
- Must showcase creativity and ability to create unique experiences for a variety of clients/brands in the lifestyle industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and travel as events require.
- Prior experience with brand activations and community relations a plus.
- Prior experience in public relations a plus.
Special Events Responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements & goals.
- Meet with the Special Events team members weekly to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
- Direct graphic design on the overall look & feel of event materials including: invitations, postcards, posters, brochures, program books etc. Approve, and sometimes draft, copy for these materials.
- Create detailed events documents (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, staffing and budgets).
- Coordinate and facilitate cross-promotional opportunities for clients.
- Coordinate & manage event vendors, i.e. venue, caterer, decor, entertainment, photographer, A/V.
- Manage vendor relations; participate in introductory meetings to build new relationships and partnerships.
- Manage & communicate event budgets with clients.
- Strategize room layouts and floor plans.
- Approve time and action documents for a cohesive understanding of the event timeline.
- Communicate with the events team of staffing requirements. Assist in staff briefings prior to the events.
- Manage client and vendor queries on the day of the event, oversee troubleshooting.
- Ensure that setup, dismantling and removal of event components are planned and managed properly.
- Contribute post-event evaluation reports (i.e. event recaps, event recap books, thank you letters and monthly reports) for retainer clients.
- Create guest lists for invitation mailings based on target audience and attendance goals.
- Assist in direct follow up to invited guests to ensure attendance goals are met.
- Visit potential event venues in the area to stay relevant in locations for upcoming events.
- Solicit sponsors for events to secure both in-kind and cash donations.
- Solicit and coordinate silent auction & gift bag items for events.
- Maintain agency’s events’ supplies and replenish when needed.
- Research other events in the area and consult clients on dates to avoid.
- Contribute to the agency’s social media platforms and partake in strategy development and tactical execution.
- Consult on the agency’s new business opportunities as it relates to special events.
- Contribute names, addresses and emails to the agency’s database to attract new audiences and grow the agency’s reach.
- Attend new business meetings and calls as they relate to special events.
- Research new & existing companies in the area and target desired clients.
- Actively pursue new business and facilitate introductory meetings.
- Consult & assist in the creation of proposals for agency bids to showcase the company’s Special Events background and expertise
- Produce annual reports with special events revenue projections & goals.
- Produce end of the year reports to show department revenue & profit.
- Submit bi-weekly expense reports and client billings.
Salary, Employee Development, Employee Incentives and Perks:
- Hybrid environment
- After the first ninety (90) days of employment, a full benefits package will be offered, which includes, but is not limited to:
- 100% health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- 401k, eligible after one (1) year of employment
- 15+ days of paid time off (PTO), plus at least 10 additional paid holidays
- Flex and comp time, when appropriate
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Yearly cost-of-living salary increase of up to 7%, based on performance
- Opportunities for commission and bonuses, based on performance
- Professional development growth plan after one (1) year of employment
- Opportunities for employer-paid continued education
- Quarterly staff team building activities
- Summer Fridays
- Various lifestyle perks
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.