Senior PR Account Executive (Lifestyle)
Title: Senior PR Account Executive (Lifestyle)
Department: Public Relations/Marketing
Reports to: Account Director
Starting Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Cashman & Associates, a full-service strategic communications and marketing firm – awarded the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017” and PR News’ “Top Places to Work” is seeking a full time Senior Account Executive for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA.
- Must have a minimum 4-5 years of demonstrated agency experience managing a roster of lifestyle client accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Established local and national media and influencer contacts.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Must have a proven track record of success in consumer public relations account management with a portfolio of media placements in local, regional and national media outlets.
- Must have strong local and national media relationships within lifestyle, hospitality, F&B and travel/tourism.
- Must have experience developing and executing integrated public relations strategies.
- Must have experience managing and mentoring internal teams of two or more employees.
- Must have experience with social media platforms and their use for audience engagement to support media strategy.
- Must have strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Must be a strong writer who has experience with press releases, pitches and persuasive writing.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be articulate with strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
- Must be creative and make a constant effort to stay in touch with industry trends.
- Motivated self-starter and decisive, yet understands when to seek support when needed.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and travel as client work and events may require.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute strategic communications programs that could include media relations, influencer marketing, community relations, social media, special events, etc. for clients primarily in the food & beverage and hospitality industry.
- Responsible for pitch strategy development, media outreach, material development, client correspondence, interview briefing documents, and other PR related tasks.
- Serve as primary client contact on select accounts, manage junior staff on account activity, review/edit written materials, and ensure deliverables are met within designated timeline.
- Plan and execute media-specific events including media dinners and press conferences. Organize for media to attend events and provide media with on-site assistance.
- Maintain a strategic view of clients’ business, encompassing business goals, competitive issues, along with the breadth of ever-changing communication tools and techniques to tell your clients’ stories and achieve their goals.
- Implement influencer marketing campaigns, as appropriate.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast, and online media.
- Assist with client marketing initiatives including: off-site events, collateral development, social media, and branding.
- Assist the executive team with developing proposals and presentations for new business opportunities.
- Identify and give team direction on a variety of timely agency roundup and group pitches.
- Assist with the agency’s external communications strategies.
- Fosters agency culture and is responsible for contributing to direct reports’ annual and quarterly performance reviews, professional development plans and growth opportunities.
- Develops and tracks budgets including monitoring account team hours, out of pocket costs, etc. for multiple accounts.
Salary, Employee Development, Employee Incentives and Perks:
- After the first ninety (90) days of employment, a full benefits package will be offered, which includes, but is not limited to:
- 100% health insurance, optical and dental coverage (Independence Blue Cross)
- 401k, eligible after one (1) year of employment with match
- 15+ days of paid time off (PTO), plus at least 10 additional paid holidays
- Flex and comp time, when appropriate
- Partial cell phone bill reimbursement
- Yearly cost-of-living salary increase, based on performance
- Opportunities for bonuses, based on performance
- Opportunities for employer-paid continued education
- Quarterly staff team building activities
- Various lifestyle and wellness perks
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.