PR Account Executive (Lifestyle, Hospitality & Real Estate)
Title: PR Account Executive (Lifestyle, Hospitality & Real Estate)
Department: Public Relations/Marketing
Reports to: Senior Public Relations Manager
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Cashman & Associates, a full-service strategic communications and marketing firm – awarded the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017” and PR News’ “Top Places to Work” is seeking a full time Account Executive for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. If you are enthusiastic, creative, marketing-minded and have an eye for detail, we would love to hear from you!
- At least 2-3 years demonstrated public relations/marketing experience working full time within an agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field preferred.
- Experience working on client accounts in the lifestyle industry (food/beverage, hospitality, fashion/retail, tourism, health & wellness, real estate)
- Established media and influencer contacts in the Philadelphia market. National media contacts a plus.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Must have a proven track record of success in consumer public relations with a portfolio of media placements in local, regional and national media outlets.
- Must showcase an all-encompassing understanding of consumer/lifestyle marketing and the ever-evolving role of digital media.
- Must have a strong understanding of social media and influencer marketing, with demonstrated experience activating social and influencer marketing on behalf of client brands.
- Must showcase ability to identify relevant story angles, pitch and secure earned editorial.
- Must be a strong writer who has experience with press releases, pitches and persuasive writing.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be articulate with strong communication skills.
- Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
- Must be creative and in touch with industry trends.
- Motivated self-starter and decisive, yet understands when to approach senior staff when needed.
- Must be able to work select evenings, weekends and travel as client work and events may require.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for working both autonomously and as part of a team to create and execute integrated public relations strategies for clients primarily in the lifestyle industry.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of various public relations and marketing tactics, as it pertains to the PR and marketing strategy.
- Manage the deliverables for a full roster of client accounts (average 4-7) and serve as day to day client contact, with oversight from senior management.
- Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitive environments.
- Develop and implement social media and influencer marketing campaigns, as appropriate, for client roster.
- Develop a full range of written materials including press releases, media advisories, biographies, fact sheets, captions, shoot sheets and pitches to support public relations campaigns.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast, and online media, as well as online/offline influencers.
- Develop, pitch and secure creative, timely stories to local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast and online media.
- Assist with client marketing initiatives including: off-site events, collateral development, social media, and branding.
- Advise clients on opportunities to partner and engage with local, regional, and national non-profit organizations and community partners.
- Plan and execute media-specific events including media dinners, influencer events and press conferences. Organize for media to attend events and provide media with on-site assistance.
- Attend networking events as a representative of Cashman & Associates.
- Assist senior management in developing proposals and gathering information for new business opportunities
Salary, Employee Development, Employee Incentives and Perks:
- After the first ninety (90) days of employment, a full benefits package will be offered, which includes, but is not limited to:
- 100% health insurance, optical and dental coverage (Independence Blue Cross)
- 401k, eligible after one (1) year of employment with match
- 15+ days of paid time off (PTO), plus at least 10 additional paid holidays
- Flex and comp time, when appropriate
- Partial cell phone bill reimbursement
- Yearly cost-of-living salary increase, based on performance
- Opportunities for bonuses, based on performance
- Opportunities for employer-paid continued education
- Quarterly staff team building activities
- Various lifestyle perks
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.