Senior Public Relations Account Manager (Hospitality, Food & Beverage)
Title: Senior Public Relations Account Manager (Hospitality, Food &Beverage)
Department: Public Relations/Marketing
Reports to: PR Director/Vice President
Starting Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Cashman & Associates, a full-service strategic communications and marketing firm – awarded the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017” – is seeking a full time Senior Account Manager for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. If you are enthusiastic, creative, marketing-minded and have an eye for detail, we would love to hear from you!
- Must have a minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated experience managing a roster of food & beverage/hospitality client accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ public relations experience working full-time at a lifestyle PR agency.
- Experience managing client accounts in the hospitality/F&B industry
- Established media and influencer contacts in the Philadelphia market and nationally
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field preferred.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Must have a proven track record of success in consumer public relations account management, with a portfolio of media placements in local, regional and national media outlets.
- Must have local and national media relationships with food, beverage, and hospitality media members.
- Must have experience developing and executing integrated public relations strategies on behalf of hospitality brands.
- Must have strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Must be a strong writer who has experience with press releases, pitches and persuasive writing.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be articulate with strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
- Must be creative and make a constant effort to stay in touch with industry trends.
- Motivated self-starter and decisive, yet understands when to approach senior staff when needed.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and travel as client work and events may require.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Act as a thought-leader and counselor to client and agency partners as well as be responsible for cross-functional collaboration. Each day will be dynamic and full of strategic decisions, constantly changing priorities and creative discovery.
- Serve as an integral member of the client relationship team addressing the changing needs of clients, proactively leading them in changing times with solid counsel and program creation that address business and marketing objectives.
- Maintain a strategic view of your clients’ business, encompassing business goals, competitive issues, along with the breadth of ever-changing communication tools and techniques to tell your clients’ stories and achieve their goals
- Responsible for creating marketing plans and strategies for clients primarily in the hospitality industry.
- Oversee a team of account executives (average 2-3) and serve as a managing leader of a full roster of client accounts (average 6-10).
- Develop and implement influencer marketing campaigns, as appropriate.
- Review and approve a full range of written materials including press releases, media advisories, biographies, fact sheets, captions, shoot sheets and pitches to support public relations campaigns; develop written materials as appropriate
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast, and online media.
- Develop, pitch and secure creative, timely stories to local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast and online media in order to gain exposure for clients.
- Assist with client marketing initiatives including: off-site events, collateral development, social media, and branding.
- Plan and execute media-specific events including media dinners and press conferences. Organize for media to attend events and provide media with on-site assistance.
- Assist Vice President in developing proposals and presentations for new business opportunities
Salary, Employee Development, Employee Incentives and Perks:
- After the first ninety (90) days of employment, a full benefits package will be offered, which includes, but is not limited to:
- 100% health insurance coverage (Independence Blue Cross)
- 401k, eligible after one (1) year of employment
- 15+ days of paid time off (PTO), plus at least 10 additional paid holidays
- Flex and comp time, when appropriate
- Yearly cost-of-living salary increase of up to 7%, based on performance
- Opportunities for commission and bonuses, based on performance
- Professional development growth plan after one (1) year of employment
- Along with annual performance reviews, quarterly reviews with supervisor and/or vice president
- Opportunities for employer-paid continued education
- Quarterly staff team building activities
- Various lifestyle perks
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.