PR Account Executive (Lifestyle)
Title: PR Account Executive (Lifestyle)
Department: Public Relations/Marketing
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Status: Full time
Cashman & Associates, a full-service strategic communications and marketing firm – awarded the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” and PR News’ “Top Places to Work” is seeking an Account Executive for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. If you are enthusiastic, creative, marketing-minded and have an eye for detail, we would love to hear from you!
- At least 2-3 years demonstrated public relations/marketing experience working full time within an agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field preferred.
- Experience working on client accounts in any of these lifestyle industry verticals (food/beverage, hospitality, fashion/retail, tourism, health & wellness, real estate)
- Established media and influencer contacts in the Philadelphia market. National media contacts a plus.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Must have a proven track record of success in consumer public relations with a portfolio of media placements in local, regional and national media outlets.
- Must showcase an all-encompassing understanding of consumer/lifestyle marketing and the ever-evolving role of digital media.
- Must have a strong understanding of social media and influencer marketing, with demonstrated experience activating social and influencer marketing on behalf of client brands.
- Must showcase ability to identify relevant story angles, pitch and secure earned editorial.
- Must be a strong writer who has experience with press releases, pitches and persuasive writing.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be articulate with strong communication skills.
- Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
- Must be creative and in touch with industry trends.
- Motivated self-starter and decisive, yet understands when to approach senior staff when needed.
- Must be able to work select evenings, weekends and travel as client work and events may require.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for working both autonomously and as part of a team to create and execute integrated public relations strategies for clients primarily in the lifestyle industry.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of various public relations and marketing tactics, as it pertains to the PR and marketing strategy.
- Manage the deliverables for a full roster of client accounts (average 4-7) and serve as day to day client contact, with oversight from senior management.
- Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitive environments.
- Develop and implement social media and influencer marketing campaigns, as appropriate, for client roster.
- Develop a full range of written materials including press releases, media advisories, biographies, fact sheets, captions, shoot sheets and pitches to support public relations campaigns.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast, and online media, as well as online/offline influencers.
- Develop, pitch and secure creative, timely stories to local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast and online media.
- Assist with client marketing initiatives including: off-site events, collateral development, social media, and branding.
- Advise clients on opportunities to partner and engage with local, regional, and national non-profit organizations and community partners.
- Plan and execute media-specific events including media dinners, influencer events and press conferences. Organize for media to attend events and provide media with on-site assistance.
- Attend networking events as a representative of Cashman & Associates.
- Assist senior management in developing proposals and gathering information for new business opportunities
Full-Time Employee Salary, Employee Development, Employee Incentives and Perks:
- Flexible work environment (work from home, hybrid)
- After the first ninety (90) days of full-time employment, a full benefits package will be offered, which includes, but is not limited to:
- 100% employer paid health and optical insurance coverage (Independence Blue Cross)
- 401k, eligible after one (1) year of employment
- 15+ days of paid time off (PTO), plus at least 10 additional paid holidays
- Flex and comp time, when appropriate
- Partial cell phone bill reimbursement
- Yearly cost-of-living salary increase, based on performance
- Opportunities for bonuses, based on performance
- Opportunities for employer-paid continued education
- Quarterly staff team building activities
- Various lifestyle perks
To apply, please email your resume, references, portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.