Freelance Media Relations Specialist (Real Estate & Commercial Development)
Title: Freelance Media Relations Specialist (Real Estate & Development)
Department: Public Relations
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Cashman & Associates, a full-service strategic communications and marketing firm – awarded the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” and PR News’ “Top Places to Work” is seeking a freelance Media Relations Specialist. If you are enthusiastic about storytelling, creative, have established relationships with media and a proven track record of media placements, we would love to hear from you!
- At least 2-3 years demonstrated B2C and B2B media relations experience for real estate and/or corporate development accounts.
- Must have established media contacts in the Philadelphia market related to real estate (commercial and residential) as well as national lifestyle and business media relationships.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Must have a proven track record of success in consumer public relations with a portfolio of media placements in local, regional and national media outlets.
- Must showcase an all-encompassing understanding of consumer/lifestyle marketing and the ever-evolving role of digital media.
- Must showcase ability to identify relevant story angles, pitch and secure earned editorial.
- Must showcase ability to secure feature stories.
- Must have track record of pitching and securing placements for subject matter experts in lifestyle industries.
- Must be a strong writer who has experience with press releases, pitches and persuasive writing.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
- Must be creative and in touch with industry trends.
- Motivated self-starter and decisive yet understands when to approach senior staff when needed.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Develop, pitch and secure creative, timely stories to local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast and online media.
- Responsible for working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Develop a full range of written materials including press releases, media advisories, biographies, fact sheets, captions, shoot sheets and pitches to support public relations campaigns.
To apply, please email your resume, portfolio, references, cover letter and hourly rate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.