Senior Manager, Public Relations and Corporate Communications (Real Estate)
Title: Senior Manager, Public Relations and Corporate Communications (Real Estate)
Department: Public Relations/Marketing
Reports to: Vice President
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Cashman & Associates, a full-service strategic communications and marketing firm – awarded the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017” – is seeking a full time Senior Manager, Public Relations and Corporate Communications for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. If you are enthusiastic, creative, marketing-minded and have an eye for detail, we would love to hear from you!
- Must have a minimum 5-8 years of demonstrated experience managing communications accounts in the real estate industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ public relations agency experience.
- Experience managing client accounts in the real estate industry.
- Background working with a publicly traded company.
- Strong background in corporate communications / public relations; excellent media relations, writing and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field preferred.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Self-starter, able to analyze input and initiate and share ideas to successfully lead communication efforts in a team environment.
- Must have a proven track record of success in public relations account management, with a portfolio of media placements in local, regional and national media outlets.
- Must have strong media relations experience, with local and national media contacts in real estate, architecture, urban planning and design.
- Must be able to interpret or explain data or information to develop messaging.
- Must have strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Must be a strong writer who has experience with press releases, pitches, bylines, speech writing, and persuasive writing.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be articulate with strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
- Ability to use independent judgement to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Must be creative and make a constant effort to stay in touch with industry trends.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and travel as client work and events may require.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- responsible for strategic communications management, and developing and driving integrated programs and enterprise public relations activities to shape a favorable perception of our brand
- Act as a thought-leader and counselor to client and agency partners as well as be responsible for cross-functional collaboration. Each day will be dynamic and full of strategic decisions, constantly changing priorities and creative discovery.
- Serve as an integral member of the client relationship team addressing the changing needs of clients, proactively leading them in changing times with solid counsel and program creation that address business and marketing objectives.
- Maintain a strategic view of your clients’ business, encompassing business goals, competitive issues, along with the breadth of ever-changing communication tools and techniques to tell your clients’ stories and achieve their goals
- Responsible for creating marketing plans and strategies for clients primarily in the real estate industry.
- Collaborate with a team of account executives (average 2-3) and serve as a managing leader of a full roster of client accounts (average 4-6).
- Review and approve a full range of written materials including press releases, media advisories, biographies, fact sheets, captions, shoot sheets and pitches to support public relations campaigns; assist with the development of a range of written materials.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast, and online media.
- Develop, pitch, and secure earned editorial stories in local, regional and national media outlets.
- Assist with client marketing initiatives including: off-site events, collateral development, and branding.
- Assist Vice President in developing proposals and presentations for new business opportunities
Salary, Employee Development, Employee Incentives and Perks:
- After the first ninety (90) days of employment, a full benefits package will be offered, which includes, but is not limited to:
- 100% health insurance coverage (Independence Blue Cross)
- 401k, eligible after one (1) year of employment
- 15+ days of paid time off (PTO), plus at least 10 additional paid holidays
- Flex and comp time, when appropriate
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Yearly cost-of-living salary increase of up to 7%, based on performance
- Opportunities for commission and bonuses, based on performance
- Professional development growth plan after one (1) year of employment
- Along with annual performance reviews, quarterly reviews with supervisor and/or vice president
- Opportunities for employer-paid continued education
- Quarterly staff team building activities
- Various lifestyle perks
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.