Freelance Public Relations Account Executive
Title: Freelance Account Executive
Department: Public Relations
Reports to: Public Relations Director
JOINING THE CASHMAN & ASSOCIATES TEAM
Cashman & Associates has been a leader in lifestyle communications, marketing and special events for more than fifteen years. Representing the nation’s most respected brands and organizations, Cashman & Associates takes a hands-on integrated approach to marketing – implementing a variety of tactics to ensure clients a successful campaign. Tactics may include, but are not limited to, public relations, special events and brand activations, social media, influencer relations, community relations, advertising, branding, media planning and buying.
Cashman & Associates’ integrated offerings create an interactive, supportive office environment and overall company culture that thrives on positive teamwork and collaboration. Cashman & Associates employees enjoy a stimulating atmosphere comprised of the region’s most talented, creative, dedicated and passionate professionals.
FREELANCE PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Cashman & Associates is seeking a freelance public relations account executive with availability to work remote, with option to work out of our headquarters in Philadelphia, PA part-time. This candidate must have demonstrated experience in lifestyle public relations with an understanding of integrated marketing strategies and agency experience.
Compensation: Project based, negotiable hourly rate
- 2-3 years minimum demonstrated industry experience
- Experience managing public relations client accounts in the lifestyle industry (retail, tourism, hospitality, real estate)
- Established media and influencer contacts in the Philadelphia market. National media contacts a plus.
- Social media account management is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for working alongside PR Director and/or Vice President to create marketing plans and strategies for clients primarily in the lifestyle industry.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of public relations and marketing tactics, as it pertains to the PR and marketing strategy.
- Manage a roster of client accounts in proportion to negotiated hours with agency, and serve as primary day to day contact.
- Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitive environments.
- Develop and implement influencer marketing campaigns, as appropriate, for client roster.
- Develop a full range of written materials including press releases, media advisories, biographies, fact sheets, captions, shoot sheets and pitches to support public relations campaigns.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast, and online media.
- Develop, pitch and secure creative, timely stories to local, regional, national and trade print, broadcast and online media in order to gain exposure for clients.
- Assist with client marketing initiatives including: off-site events, collateral development, social media, and branding.
- Advise clients on opportunities to partner and engage with local, regional, and national non-profit organizations and community partners.
- Plan and execute media-specific events relative to client roster, including media dinners and press conferences. Organize for media to attend events and provide media with on-site assistance.
- Be an enthusiastic and proud member of our team, eagerly representing the team’s at external networking environments.
Salary, Employee Incentives and Perks:
- Competitive hourly/project rates, negotiable based on experience and scale of event
- Telecommute available
- Various lifestyle perks
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.