Director, Public Relations & Corporate Communications
Title: Director, Public Relations & Corporate Communications
Department: Public Relations/Marketing
Reports to: Vice President/CEO
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Cashman & Associates, a full-service strategic communications and marketing firm – awarded the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017” and PR News’ “Top Places to Work” is seeking a full time Director, Public Relations & Corporate Communications for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. If you are enthusiastic, creative, marketing-minded and have an eye for detail, we would love to hear from you!
- Minimum eight years’ public relations/marketing experience; agency experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field preferred.
- Strong background driving strategic communications for corporate client accounts; real estate and/or hospitality experience a plus.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Must have strong leadership, people management and project management skills.
- Ability to develop thoughtful communications strategies that reflect clients’ brand and objectives with proven results.
- Self-starter, able to analyze input and initiate and share ideas to successfully lead communication efforts in a team environment.
- Must have a proven track record of success in public relations account management, with a portfolio of media placements in local, regional and national media outlets.
- Must be able to interpret or explain data or information to develop messaging.
- Must be a strong writer who has experience with press releases, pitches, bylines, speech writing, and persuasive writing.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be articulate with strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
- Ability to use independent judgement to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Must be creative and make a constant effort to stay in touch with industry trends.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment; with the ability to be nimble and flexible as client demands shift.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and travel as client work and events may require.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Manage creation of communication plans with extensive written and visual materials to ensure consistent messaging and tactics on behalf of corporate and lifestyle client accounts.
- Responsible for overseeing client accounts, and developing and driving integrated programs and public relations activities to shape a favorable perception of clients’ brand.
- Act as a thought-leader and counselor to client and agency partners as well as be responsible for cross-functional collaboration. Each day will be dynamic and full of strategic decisions, constantly changing priorities and creative discovery.
- Serve as a leader of the client relationship team addressing the changing needs of clients, proactively leading them in changing times with solid counsel and program creation that address business and marketing objectives.
- Maintain a strategic view of clients’ business, encompassing business goals, competitive issues, along with the breadth of ever-changing communication tools and techniques to tell your clients’ stories and achieve their goals.
- Responsible for creating marketing plans and strategies for corporate clients.
- Oversee a team of account executives (average 2-3 individuals) and serve as a managing leader of client accounts (average 3-5 accounts).
- Review and approve a full range of written materials developed by staff.
- Spearhead the creation of written materials including, but not limited to, executive speeches, bylines and though-leadership talking points.
- Lead team in the development of strategic, timely pitch angles as it pertains to each clients’ unique objective; assist with pitching and securing high-level feature editorial stories in national media outlets as appropriate.
- Assist with client marketing initiatives including: off-site events, collateral development, and branding.
- Assist in developing proposals and presentations for new business opportunities on behalf of the agency.
Salary, Employee Development, Employee Incentives and Perks:
- After the first ninety (90) days of employment, a full benefits package will be offered, which includes, but is not limited to:
- 100% health insurance, optical and dental coverage (Independence Blue Cross)
- 401k, eligible after one (1) year of employment with match
- 15+ days of paid time off (PTO), plus at least 10 additional paid holidays
- Flex and comp time, when appropriate
- Partial cell phone bill reimbursement
- Yearly cost-of-living salary increase, based on performance
- Opportunities for bonuses, based on performance
- Professional development growth plan after one (1) year of employment
- Along with annual performance reviews, quarterly reviews with supervisor
- Opportunities for employer-paid continued education
- Quarterly staff team building activities
- Various lifestyle perks
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.