September 27, 2017
Fall 2017 Happenings
Fall is the season of change and celebrations. We’ve rounded up events around the city and beyond with the tastiest sips, most delicious dishes and exciting new experiences to explore.
- Now-November 20: Each fall Sofitel Philadelphia celebrates the French tradition of “vendanges” or “late harvest.” As part of the international Sofitel Wine Days, Sofitel Philadelphia will host wine paring dinners in urban chic Liberté Lounge September 20 – November 20 from 5 to 10 p.m. daily. For $75 per person, diners will indulge in a four-course specialty menu prepared by Executive Chef Edward Hancock paired with wines from around the world. Deals available at Travelzoo.
- October 2-31: Think pink this October as Tropicana Atlantic City celebrates everything rosé—sip, savor and shop 31 days of Rosé specials. Enjoy rosé specials from restaurants, shops and bars throughout Tropicana and celebrate this carefree pink drink. It all starts with the Everything Rosé Kickoff Party on Monday, October 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. at 10 North. Guest will enjoy Rosé Cosmos and a Chandon Rosé & Candy Bar where you can top your bubbly Rosé with a variation of garnishes including cotton candy, raspberries, or edible flowers.
- October 10: Bring your team and enjoy BYO Quizzo with Johnny Goodtimes at Market and Shops at the Comcast Center. Quizzo will be held on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 from 5:30-7:30pm. Bring your own beverages, and we’ve got your bucket of ice covered! There will be 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes.
- October 13: For the first time since 2013, the James Beard Foundation’s Taste America event series will be making its way to Philadelphia to celebrate the city’s local culinary talent at the Museum of the American Revolution on Friday, October 13th, 2017 from 5:30p.m.-11:00p.m.
- October 13- 15: Taste! Philadelphia at Valley Forge Casino Resort—this event showcases the finest in wine, spirits and gourmet foods along with the talents of local chefs and culinary personalities. With people such as Kathy Lee Gifford, Brian Duffy, Valley Forge Casino Resort’s own Executive Chef Jeff Beggs and many other personalities in the culinary industry this is an event you will not want tomiss. (10/13 6p.m.-10p.m., 10/14 11a.m.-3p.m. & 4p.m.- 8p.m., 10/15 12p.m.-4p.m.)
- October 14: Blingo is a night of celebrity bingo, bling and celebration where Philadelphians come together to make a huge difference for the thousands of boys suffering from fatal Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. This celebration and fundraiser brings together more than 300 notable VIP’s, business and community leaders of Philadelphia. This event will feature cocktails, and delicious gourmet foods with music and a live auction. The event is on October 14th at the Westin Hotel Philadelphia.
- October 14: On Saturday, October 14 from 2p.m.-8p.m. the most spirited event is coming to Tropicana Atlantic City—Beer and Whiskey Festival where beer buffs, whiskey enthusiasts and other kindred spirits will pour for the festival. Guests will sample over 60 beers including craft, domestic and imported, in bottle and drafts, 30 whiskeys. While sampling a wide selection of beer and whiskey, guests will enjoy artisan crafters and live entertainment featuring John Eddie and His Dirty Ol’ Band.
- October 15: On Sunday, October 15 at 11a.m. and 1p.m. Grammy-nominated Nilson Matta brings his Jazz Show “Brazilian Voyage” with Helio Alves and Fernando Saci (Fernando Saci music page) to Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia for this Sunday brunch special. Ticket includes admission to the show, full brunch buffet, and one complimentary brunch cocktail (Bloody Mary, Mimosa, Screwdriver, or Non-Alcoholic Beverage).
- October 28: Philadelphia’s most star-studded event, Philly Fights Cancer, returns for Round 3 on Saturday, October 28, 2017, and will be held for the first time ever at Philadelphia’s iconic Navy Yard. This year’s Mistress of Ceremonies will be the legendary “EGOT” (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony) winner Whoopi Goldberg. The evening will feature Grammy, Oscar and Golden Globe winner, headliner John Legend and a performance from America’s Got Talent star and cancer survivor, Caly Bevier. The night doesn’t end there. The Philly Fights Cancer After-Party will be headlined by the iconic, 8-time Grammy and Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award-winning group, Earth, Wind & Fire. Proceeds from Philly Fights Cancer support clinical trials and translational research at the Abramson Cancer Center (ACC) of the University of Pennsylvania.
- November 12: Bliss Wedding Showcase, this unique event and meet the Valley Forge Casino Resort Weddings Team that will assist in taking your wedding to the next level! Experience the latest bridal trends, meet local wedding vendors, sample delicious cuisine, enjoy live entertainment and a bride & groom fashion show. All brides and grooms will have a chance to enter to win over 40 amazing prizes and one lucky winner will receive a 7-day Norwegian cruise to the Caribbean or Mexico. Event begins at 3p.m.