Wedding Tip #3: Registry Do’s & Don’ts
Planning your Registry is not as easy as it looks. Everything from thank you etiquette to the types of gifts you should request are important things to acknowledge. My go to source, REAL SIMPLE weddings, recommends these top tips:
- DO set up your registry early.
- DON’T register at just one location.
- DO register for a wide range of gifts at various price points.
- DON’T reference your registry info on any stationery, such as your save the date or invitation.
- DO request nontraditional items if they reflect you as a couple.
- DON’T eliminate all time-honored items.
- DO wait to use the presents that arrive before the wedding.
- DON’T ask for money outright.
- DO write thoughtful, prompt thank you notes; e-mails and calls don’t count.
Check out REAL SIMPLE weddings’ complete explanations of their do’s and don’ts for more detail on these helpful hints.